#201: Mac at Home, PC at Work
July 7th, 2014 · 96 minutes
David and Katie are joined by Gabe Weatherhead discuss the struggles with using a Mac as your primary platform at home while being forced to use a PC at work and suggestions for how to stay productive when sliding between platforms.
Thanks to MPU listener Jigar Talati for assistance with the shownotes this week!
This episode of Mac Power Users is sponsored by:
Please support our exclusive sponsor for this episode: Smile:
With productivity boosters like the PDFpen Family and TextExpander, Smile makes you a Mac Power User.
Download: MP3 (44.31 MB)
Links and Show Notes
Links for this episode:
Collected from: Macdrifter
- Presentations — MacSparky
Presentations Field Guide iBooks Pre-order
Introducing the next Field Guide by David Sparks. Available for pre-order now! And check out the trailer below!
- MILOfest - Macs In The Law Office | Conference for Mac Using Attorneys
- Mac Power Users 177: Workflows with Gabe Weatherhead | Mac Power Users
- Ghost in the Wires: My Adventures as the World's Most Wanted Hacker: Kevin Mitnick, Steve Wozniak, William L. Simon: 9780316037709: Amazon.com: Books
- Cisco Meraki
- Jump Desktop (Remote Desktop) - RDP / VNC for iOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod), Mac, Android and PC
Jump Desktop iTunes Link
- Remote Access | GoToMyPC®
- XenDesktop - Virtual Desktop Delivery - Citrix
- Box | Free Cloud Storage, Secure Content & Online File Sharing
- Microsoft Office Online - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint on the web
- Apple - Keynote for Mac
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Microsoft OneNote | The digital note-taking app for your devices
- Byword • Simple and efficient text editor for Mac, iPhone and iPad.
Byword Mac App Store Link
- Home - TextDrop - Online text editor for Dropbox
- ResophNotes - Quick Notes on Windows
- Apple - Creativity and Productivity Apps
- FastMail: Fast, reliable email
- Outlook for Mac : Email, Contact and Information Manager | Office For Mac
- Microsoft Exchange Server - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Microsoft Exchange Server is calendaring software, a mail server and contact manager developed by Microsoft.
- TextExpander: Mac Typing Shortcut Utility Saves You Time TextExpander: Mac Typing Shortcut Utility Saves You Time
- TextExpander snippets for Windows
- Text expander for Windows - Breevy
- Phrase Express- Text Expander for Windows - Snippets Organizer
- AutoHotkey: macro and automation Windows scripting language
- Belvedere - Download
- LastPass | The Last Password You Have to Remember
- Google Drive
- Mind Mapping Software - Create Mind Maps online
- Slack: Be less busy
- Basecamp is everyone’s favorite project management app.
- Evernote | Remember everything with Evernote, Skitch and our other great apps.
- Things - task management for Mac & iOS | Cultured Code
- Kinkless.com and "The Kinkless Desktop" | 43 Folders
- Remember The Milk: Online to-do list and task management
- Asana · Teamwork without email
- Free online to do list - manage all your everyday tasks - Wunderlist
- A Task Management Vision Quest
- Task Management Vision Quest Part Two
- TaskPaper — Simple to-do list software for Mac
- How to Automatically Transfer Evernote Notes to Omnifocus For Review
- Share Mouse and Keyboard with multiple Computers
- Cloak VPN - Cloak - GetCloak.com