#164: Tackling Email
November 17th, 2013 · 92 minutes
David and Katie sit down to discuss the topic of tackling email, how they manage and organize their email, the power tools they use and David's latest book.
Thanks to MPU listener Jigar Talati for assistance with the shownotes this week!
This episode of Mac Power Users is sponsored by:
Download: MP3 (42.66 MB)
Links and Show Notes
Links for this episode:
- MPU 001: All About E-Mail
- MPU 002: All About E-Mail (Part 2)
- Field Guides — MacSparky
The MacSparky Field Guides are a series of high quality, tech-savvy ebooks about getting more out of technology.
- The Email Field Guide — MacSparky
- Mac Power Users 147: David Wain Returns
- MPU 050: Workflows with David Wain
- Notifiy: a wave email and iPhone notifications robot - Google Project Hosting
- Send Later in Gmail | Boomerang
- ChungwaSoft - ForgetMeNot
ForgetMeNot scans your email text for special keywords referring to attached files and reminds you if it cannot find an attachment when you try to send your email
- ChungwaSoft - SendLater
Normally, emails are immediately sent to the recipient when you press Mail's "Send" button. With SendLater there is another button that allows you to send the email at a specific date and time in the future
- Post Office Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing, the Post Office Protocol (POP) is an application-layer Internet standard protocol used by local e-mail clients to retrieve e-mail from a remote server over a TCP/IP connection.
- Internet Message Access Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Internet message access protocol (IMAP) is a protocol for e-mail retrieval.
- Microsoft Exchange Client - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Microsoft Exchange Client was a multi-purpose messaging product useful for managing e-mail.
- Gmail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Microsoft Office 365 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Office 365 is a subscription-based online office and software plus services suite which offers access to various services and software built around the Microsoft Office platform.
- FastMail: Fast, reliable email
- iCloud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
iCloud is a cloud storage and cloud computing service from Apple Inc. launched on October 12, 2011.
- Email Archiver
Your email is valuable. The format that it is stored in with Apple Mail is neither future-proof nor accessible.
The Ultimate Mac OS X Email Management Solution.
- CloudPull - Golden Hill Software
CloudPull seamlessly backs up your Google account to your Mac.
- Bat'leth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- ScanSnap SV600 Supported On The Mac | DocumentSnap Paperless Blog
- DocumentSnap - YouTube
Tips and techniques for going paperless with the Fujitsu ScanSnap.
- Mac Power Users 120: Taking Notes with Mike Rohde
David and Katie are joined by Mike Rohde, author of the Sketchnote Handbook, to talk about analog and digital forms of note taking.
- 37signals: Web-based collaboration apps for small business
The best way to use Gmail on your Mac.
- SaneBox - Email Management for Any Inbox
Stop Drowning in Email! SaneBox prioritizes important emails and summarizes the rest.
- Mac Power Users 112: Self Publishing and iBooks Author
David walks through his workflows for publishing books in iBooks Author and the iBookstore.
- Mac Power Users 135: Workflows with Serenity Caldwell | Mac Power Users
David and Katie sit down with Serenity Caldwell to talk about working from home, her favorite Apps, standing desks, authoring ebooks, and a whole lot more.