#163: Fraser Speirs Returns
November 11th, 2013 · 92 minutes
Fraser Speirs returns to MPU to discuss the state of iPads and technology including an update on his school's one-to-one program, how he uses his iPad and thoughts on the newly released iPad Air and retina iPad mini.
Thanks to MPU listener Jigar Talati for assistance with the shownotes this week!
This episode of Mac Power Users is sponsored by:
Our exclusive sponsor for this episode: Smile:
With productivity boosters like TextExpander and PDFpen, Smile makes you a Mac Power User.
Download: MP3 (42.76 MB)
Links and Show Notes
Links for this episode:
- Fraser Speirs
Collected from: Fraser Speirs Dot Com
- Fraser Speirs - Blog
Collected from: Fraser Speirs - Blog
- Out of School | At the intersection of technology and education.
The Intersection of Technology and Education.
- MPU: 093 Education Workflows with Fraser Speirs
Fraser Speirs joins Katie and David to talk about his experiences setting up a one-to-one iPad program at this school, Apple technology in eduction and his own personal workflows.
- iPad Air - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Apple - iPad Air
- Auria by WaveMachine Labs
App Store link
- Amazon.com: Samson Meteor Mic USB Studio Microphone (Cardioid)
- Adobe Audition recording software
- Mac App Store - Apple Configurator
Apple Configurator makes it easy for anyone to mass configure and deploy iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch in a school, business, or institution.
- PDFpen Scan+: Scanning and OCR for iPad and iPhone
- Apple - iBooks Author
- Apple - Apple Events - Apple Special Event January 2012
- Apple - iTunes U - Learn anything, anywhere, anytime.
- Amazon.com: Kindle MatchBook
- Students at three LAUSD high schools access unauthorized sites on new iPads
- Fraser Speirs - Blog - Battle: Los Angeles
"Last week was a bad week for iPad deployment. The students of Los Angeles Unified School District have "hacked" their school-provided iPads and figured out how to surf the web.
The horror! The horror!"
- PDFpenPro: Mac PDF Editor