#160: Getting Ready for Mavericks
October 20th, 2013 · 80 minutes
David and Katie talk about getting your Mac ready for OS X Mavericks.
Thanks to MPU listener Jigar Talati for assistance with the shownotes this week!
This episode of Mac Power Users is sponsored by:
Download: MP3 (37.43 MB)
Links and Show Notes
Links for this episode:
- Coyote catches Road Runner - YouTube
- Mac Roundtable Podcast » Tim Verpoorten
- 5by5 | Back to Work #139: Tap Your Meat Stack
How to decide whether a given thing goes on a calendar, a todo list, reference files, or an alarm. Great ninja stuff.
- Apple - OS X Mavericks - Do even more with new apps and features.
- Mavericks (location) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mavericks is a surfing location in Northern California, USA. On June 10, 2013, at its Worldwide Developers Conference, Apple announced that the latest version of its Mac operating system OS X (version 10.9) would be entitled Mavericks. Apple said their new operating software generations would be named after places in California that have inspired them.
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks System Requirements & List of Compatible Macs
- MacSparky Screencast - Magic Install Disk on Vimeo
If you want to save a copy of the installer watch David's Screencast before upgrading.
- Lion DiskMaker
- Birkenstock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the United States, Birkenstock first became popular among young men and later on among flower children, a group traditionally associated with American liberalism.
- Mercury EXTREME Pro 6G SSD 2.5" Serial-ATA 9.5mm 6Gb/s Solid State Drive
- Drobo 5N | Drobo for Professionals
- DaisyDisk - Analyze disk usage and free up disk space on Mac
- CleanMyMac 2: The Best Clean Up Mac App. Clean My Mac for Free | Mac OS X
- Onyx Mac – Instant Download Onyx for Mac OS X
- PhotoSweeper - Fast and powerful duplicate photo cleaner for the Mac
- RoaringApps - Application compatibility and feature support for OS X and iOS
- AppleWorks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
AppleWorks refers to two different office suite products, both of which are now discontinued.
- Drive Genius
- DiskWarrior 4 - The Disk Utility for Mac Disk Repair, Mac Directory Repair, Mac Disk Recovery, Mac Data Recovery
- Mac Power Users 134: Mac Utilities
- MPU 043: Back to Backup (Live from Macworld 2011)
- Reginald Barclay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lieutenant Reginald Endicott Barclay III, played by Dwight Schultz, is a recurring character in the television series Star Trek: The Next Generation. His cat was named Neelix.
- Carbon Copy Cloner
- Mac Basics: Time Machine
- CrashPlan Backup Software
- How to Clean Install OS X Mountain Lion
- Shows | Mac Power Users
Search Mac Power Users Archives.