#144: Workflows with Chris Breen
June 30th, 2013 · 87 minutes
David and Katie chat with Macworld Senior Editor Chris Breen to talk Music, Podcasting, Writing Workflows and his favorite Mac Gems.
This episode of Mac Power Users is sponsored by:
Our exclusive sponsor for this episode: Smile:
With productivity boosters like TextExpander and PDFpen, Smile makes you a Mac Power User.
Download: MP3 (40.33 MB)
Links and Show Notes
Links for this episode:
- Chris's Blog - Hair-Breened Ideas
- Chris Breen (BodyofBreen) on Twitter
- Christopher Breen (chrisbreen) on App.net
- Christopher Breen | Macworld
With MOG you get over 16 million songs everywhere. No more need to buy MP3s, store them on your computer and sync them to every device. With MOG, you get all the music everywhere.
- Pandora Internet Radio
- Songza - Listen to Music Curated by Music Experts
- iTunes Radio
- Four music subscription services compared | Macworld
- Apple - iTunes - Match
- Google Play
- Bare Bones Software | BBEdit 10
- BBEdit - Mac App Store
- Mac 911
Simple and efficient text editor for Mac, iPhone and iPad.
- Byword - Mac App Store
- Byword for iOS - App Store
- Macworld Podcast
- GarageBand - Mac App Store
- Adobe Audition recording software
- Enhanced Podcast - Wikipedia
- Mac 101
- Mac Power Users 135: Workflows with Serenity Caldwell
David and Katie sit down with Serenity Caldwell to talk about working from home, her favorite Apps, standing desks, authoring ebooks, and a whole lot more.
- Google Drive
- HBO Go on Apple TV a no-go for DirecTV customers | Macworld
- BusyCal - Mac App Store
- Training, tutorials & online classes by expert Christopher Breen
- Apple - User Groups
- Snapz Pro X | Ambrosia Software, Inc.
- ScreenFlow - Mac App Store
ScreenFlow is powerful, easy-to-use screen recording and editing software for the Mac.
- Apple - Final Cut Pro X
- Final Cut Pro X - Mac App Store
With Automator, you can accomplish time-consuming, repetitive manual tasks quickly, efficiently, and effortlessly. Automator lets you skip the complex programming and scripting that is normally required to create automations. Instead, you assemble individual steps into a complete task by dragging these actions into an Automator workflow.
- MPU 070: Working with Automator
Apple automation guru, Ben Waldie, joins David and Katie to discuss incorporating Automator and AppleScript into your Mac workflows.
- Automated Workflows, LLC
Ben Waldie, president of Automated Workflows, LLC, has been a vocal evangelist of AppleScript, and a developer of professional AppleScript-based solutions for businesses across the globe for years. Automated Workflows, LLC was created from his strong desire to provide clients with solid, reliable AppleScript-based solutions, complete with impeccable customer service and support.
- Ben Waldie (applescriptguru) on Twitter
- Articles by Ben Waldie | Macworld
- Sal Soghoian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Keyboard Maestro 6.0.1: Work Faster with Macros for Mac OS X
Whether you are a power user or a grand parent (or both!), your time is precious. So why waste it when Keyboard Maestro can help improve almost every aspect of using your Mac. Even the simplest things, like typing your email address, or going to Gmail or Facebook, launching Pages, or duplicating a line, all take time and add frustration.
Hazel is a System Preference pane that works silently in the background, automatically filing, organizing and cleaning.
- David's video on Hazel 3.1 Date Matching
- Chris's Band System 9 on YouTube
- PG Music Inc. - Band-in-a-Box
"Intelligent Music Accompaniment Software" Just type in the chords for any song using standard chord symbols (like C, Fm7 or C13b9), choose the style you'd like, and Band-in-a-Box does the rest.
- Kurzweil Pro Keyboards
- The Magazine
- About DragThing
Puts all your documents, folders, and applications a single click away. It allows multiple docks,stores frequently-used clippings, and lets you easily paste them into other applications.DragThing also allows you to define a wide variety of hot keys that can open items in docks, control various other aspects of DragThing and even control the visibility of and switching between other applications running on your Mac.
- iTunes - Of Eve by Christopher Breen