#248: Revisting Cutting the Cord
March 30th, 2015 · 100 minutes
It's been more than three years since Katie ditched her pay TV service. This week Katie and David are joined by Bradley Chambers to discuss life as a "cord cutter", advantages and disadvantages, entertainment devices and services and the future.
Thanks to MPU listener Jigar Talati for assistance with the shownotes this week!
This episode of Mac Power Users is sponsored by:
Fujitsu ScanSnap ScanSnap Helps You Live a More Productive, Efficient, Paperless Life
Sanebox Stop drowning in email!
Warby Parker A new concept in eyewear: Contemporary eyeglass that are extremely affordable, and fashion forward. Free home try on upgrade to free 3-day shipping on your final frame choice using this link.
Download: MP3 (46.38 MB)
Links and Show Notes
Links for this episode:
- MPU 062: Cutting The Cable | Mac Power Users
- 212: Networking | Mac Power Users
- 234: MPU Live: Control-Space is Wrong | Mac Power Users
- Chambers Daily
- Bradley Chambers (@bradleychambers) | Twitter
- The Tools and Toys Guide to Cutting the Cord — Tools and Toys
- Apple - Apple TV - HD iTunes content and more on your TV.
- HDTV Indoor / Outdoor Antenna w/ Low Noise Amplifier - Monoprice.com
- Amazon.com: Mohu Leaf 50 Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna
- AntennaWeb - Home
- Amazon Prime
- Fire TV Stick
- Amazon Fire TV – Streaming Media Player
- Sling TV — Tools and Toys
- Apple - Apple TV - HBO NOW
- Roku | Streaming TV & Media Player
- Amazon: Roku 3 Streaming Media Player
- Amazon: Roku 3500R Streaming Stick
- TiVo Roamio
- Plex: Your media on all your devices
- Official Tablo Site | Over The Air (OTA) DVR | Tablo
- Simple.TV - Welcome to Simple.TV
- Admin | Info for Mac Power Users