September 7th, 2014 · 109 minutes
Katie and David are joined by Bradley Chambers to discuss creating and maintaining a network, how to design, setup and configure a network and tips for optimizing and troubleshooting.
Thanks to MPU listener Hay Oborn for assistance with the shownotes this week!
This episode of Mac Power Users is sponsored by:
Fujitsu ScanSnap ScanSnap Helps You Live a More Productive, Efficient, Paperless Life
CleanMyMac The Simplest, Safest Way to Clean Your Mac.
Download: MP3 (68.99 MB)
Links and Show Notes
Links for this episode:
- Chambers Daily
- Learning To Love Photo Management — Chambers Daily
- Bradley Chambers (bradleychambers) on Twitter
- Out of School | At the intersection of technology and education.
- 4 Wi-Fi Tips from Former Apple Wi-Fi Engineer - The Mac Observer
- Real-world 802.11ac speeds: QAM and channel width | Aerohive Networks
- Co-channel interference - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Mac Power Users 171: Photo Management | Mac Power Users
Joined by guest Bradley Chambers, David and Katie tackle photo management.
- MPU 024: Home Networking | Mac Power Users
Katie and David talk through home networking including wired and wireless solutions along with common pitfalls and speed bumps.
- Power over Ethernet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Power over Ethernet or PoE describes any of several standardized or ad-hoc systems which pass electrical power along with data on Ethernet cabling.
- How to set up a coax (MoCA) network
- HowStuffWorks "How Power-line Networking Works"
Power-line networking is one of several ways to connect the computers in your home. It uses the electrical wiring in your house to create a network.
- OpenDNS: Cloud-Delivered Security Enforcement and Intelligence
- MPU Screencast 004: Configuring OpenDNS — KatieFloyd.me
- OS X Mavericks: Set up parental controls
- Quick Tip: Understand your Wi-Fi with Airport Utility - The Sweet Setup
Amazing Parental Controls for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
- MIMO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Cisco Meraki
- Controller-less, Cloud-enabled, Wi-Fi and branch networks | Aerohive Networks
- Enterprise device management for Mac, iPad, iPhone, Apple TV | JAMF Software
- inSSIDer by MetaGeek
- MGG 509: WiFi Answers with Wi-Fi Guru Alf Watt of iStumbler - Mac Geek Gab Podcast - The Mac Observer
- Alf Watt at WWDC: The Journey from iStumbler to Apple and Beyond - The Mac Observer
- Category 5 cable - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Category 6 cable - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Drobo Data Storage Solutions, Network Attached Storage, Drobo Inc.
- Internet of Things - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Wired Equivalent Privacy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Wi-Fi Protected Access - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Media access control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Roku 3 | Roku Streaming Player
- Apple - Mac - AirPort Extreme
- Amazon.com: Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock
- Amazon: Apple Airport Extreme 802.11ac