#210: Task Management
August 25th, 2014 · 100 minutes
David and Katie run down task management systems and discuss their tips and tricks for staying on top of their tasks.
Thanks to MPU listener Hay Oborn for assistance with the shownotes this week!
This episode of Mac Power Users is sponsored by:
Sanebox Stop drowning in email!
Download: MP3 (46.53 MB)
Links and Show Notes
Links for this episode:
- MPU 013: Task Management Smackdown | Mac Power Users
We’ve gotten a lot of requests for this episode, so here it is, our Task Management Smackdown. In one corner, David and The Omni Group’s Omni Focus. In another, Katie and Cultured Code’s Things. The duo discuss their system for managing tasks and how their preferred application helps to get things done. The verdict: the Mac has two excellent programs.
- Hipster PDA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
paper-based personal organizer, popularized by Merlin Mann.
- Franklin Planner | Day Planners
- PalmPilot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Things - task management for Mac & iOS | Cultured Code
Things is a delightful and easy to use task manager.
- The Workologist
- Simplify your life with Clear — the revolutionary to-do app for Mac, iPad & iPhone
- Wunderlist | To-do list, Reminders, Errands - App of the Year!
- Snowman – Checkmark 2 – To-do App for iPhone
- Basecamp is everyone’s favorite project management app.
- Asana · Teamwork without email
- Integrations | Slack
- OmniFocus - The Omni Group
- Drafts - Agile Tortoise
- nvALT - BrettTerpstra.com
- MacSparky: Do Stuff
A short video where David talks about OmniFocus and doing stuff.
- MacSparky: Task Planning (In)sanity
Not a week goes by that I don't receive an email from some reader or listener asking about the problem of overwhelming task lists. Specifically, they explain that every day they spend far too much time dealing with an obese task list, for which they complete two or three items and fret over the rest.
- MacSparky: OmniFocus Tag
All of David's OmniFocus posts.
- MacSparky's OmniFocus Perspectives
- Ice Bucket Challenge - The ALS Association
- My Ice Bucket Challenge - I Challenge You! — KatieFloyd.me
- MacSparky's ALS Challenge Video on Vimeo
- Mac Power Users - Community - Google+