#189: OS X Server with Todd Olthoff
April 28th, 2014 · 100 minutes
David and Katie are joined by Todd Olthoff to talk about OS X Server, why you may want to run the $20 server application, features and use cases for homes and small businesses.
Thanks to MPU listener Jigar Talati for assistance with the shownotes this week!
This episode of Mac Power Users is sponsored by:
Download: MP3 (92.66 MB)
Links and Show Notes
Links for this episode:
- Todd Olthoff - YouTube
Collected from: [Todd Olthoff - YouTube](https://www.youtube.com/user/tolthoff#) - [Google+](https://plus.google.com/u/0/109393173981141513124) - [Twitter](https://twitter.com/tolthoff)
- Todd Olthoff | Life, Ministry, & Technology
- Apple - OS X Server brings more power to your business.
- SpamSieve: Easy-to-use Mac spam filter for Apple Mail, Outlook, Entourage, Postbox, and more
- WeMo Switch Channel - IFTTT
- [Wemo Light Switch Channel](https://ifttt.com/wemo_light_switch) - [Wemo Insight Switch Channel](https://ifttt.com/wemo_insight_switch) - [Wemo Motion Channel](https://ifttt.com/wemo_motion)
- WeMo Contest for MPU Listeners
- Thunderbolt™ Express Dock for MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and iMac
- Apple - Mac mini
- Apple - Remote Desktop 3
- EVERY Steve Jobs keynotes at NeXT
- Get Smart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- MPU: 093 Education Workflows with Fraser Speirs | Mac Power Users
- Mac Power Users 163: Fraser Speirs Returns | Mac Power Users
- Virtual private network - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Cloak VPN - Cloak - GetCloak.com
- WarGames - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- DEFCON - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 5by5 | The Incomparable #189: Using Computers to Impress Girls
- Bing Translator
- Wiki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A wiki is usually a web application which allows people to add, modify, or delete content in collaboration with others.
- Port (computer networking) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computer networking, a port is an application-specific or process-specific software construct serving as a communications endpoint in a computer's host operating system.
- Little Snitch
- Secure Shell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Secure Shell (SSH) is a cryptographic network protocol for secure data communication, remote command-line login, remote command execution, and other secure network services between two networked computers.
- Carbon Copy Cloner - Mac Backup Software
- Pixelmator - Sneak Peek at Pixelmator 3.2 Sandstone
- Screen Recording and Screencasting Software - Overview - Telestream ScreenFlow
- Reflector Airplay Receiver - Mirror an iPhone or iPad to a Mac or PC
- Macsparky Byword Screencast
2min 25 sec in you can see David's iPad and iPhone on screen.
- MacStadium | Mac Mini Hosting and Colo
- AirServer - The Most Advanced AirPlay Receiver for Mac and PC
- Blackmagic Design: Home
- RØDE Microphones - Podcaster
- ATR2100-USB Cardioid Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone || Audio-Technica US
- Macsparky Screencast - TextExpander Touch 2.5