#154: Apple TV
September 9th, 2013 · 87 minutes
David and Katie dive deep on the Apple TV and discuss how they use the Apple TV for work and play.
Thanks to MPU listener Jigar Talati for assistance with the shownotes this week!
This episode of Mac Power Users is sponsored by:
Our exclusive sponsor for this episode: Smile:
With productivity boosters like TextExpander and PDFpen, Smile makes you a Mac Power User.
Download: MP3 (40.61 MB)
Links and Show Notes
Links for this episode:
- Apple TV - Apple Store (U.S.)
Apple TV gives you access to the best 1080p HD content — including blockbuster movies, your music and photos, and more — right on your widescreen TV. You can even play content from your iOS devices on your TV using AirPlay. Apple TV requires one HDMI cable
- Roku Streaming Player
- Apple TV Tech Specs (1st, 2nd, 3rd Generation)
- Apple TV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Mac Power Users #126: The Mac Home Server
Special guest Shawn Blanc joins Katie and David to talk about setting up a Mac to use as a home server. We talk configuration, use cases, media applications, automation tools and more.
- Mac Power Users #38: iTunes Intensive
- 5by5 | The Incomparable
An award-winning weekly show about geeky cultural topics in numerous media, including books, movies, TV, comics, and games.
- E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982) - IMDb
A meek and alienated little boy finds a stranded extraterrestrial. He has to find the courage to defy the authorities to help the alien return to its home planet.
- Blu-ray Disc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Apple - Support - iTunes
- Apple - Apps - Remote
Put your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in charge of the show.
- K760 Wireless Solar Keyboard for Mac, iPad or iPhone - Logitech
- Apple - Apple Wireless Keyboard - The thin, cable-free keyboard.
- Mac Power Users #62: Cutting The Cable
- Can I Stream.It?
Search Netflix, Hulu, Google Play, iTunes, and more, for movies to stream instantly, rent, and buy.
- Apple TV - Channels
- Hulu | Watch TV. Watch Movies. | Online | Free
- Presenting Wirelessly with an Apple TV — MacSparky
- Apple - Mac - AirPort Express
- Apple - AirPlay — Play content from iOS devices on Apple TV.
- QuickTip: Enable AirPlay Mirroring on iPhone or iPad — KatieFloyd.me
- Reflector - AirPlay mirror your iPhone or iPad to any Mac or PC, wirelessly.
- Kanex ATV Pro
AirPlay Mirroring for VGA Projector
- Apple TV Hacks — Get more from your shiny box of joy
- Plex - A Complete Media Solution
- XBMC | Open Source Home Theatre Software
- ScreenCastsOnline - SCOI0126 PlexConnect on Apple TV
- Drobo 5N
- Synology Network Attached Storage - NEW NAS Experience
- Meet Xbox One - Xbox.com
- Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- Mac Power Users #137: Workflows with Aisha Tyler
- aisha tyler's site
- Tuff-'N'-Tiny USB Drive
- HFS Plus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
HFS Plus or HFS+ is a file system developed by Apple Inc. to replace their Hierarchical File System (HFS) as the primary file system used in Macintosh computers (or other systems running Mac OS).
- exFAT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
exFAT (Extended File Allocation Table) is a Microsoft file system optimized for flash drives.
- File Allocation Table - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
File Allocation Table (FAT) is the name of a computer file system architecture and a family of industry standard file systems utilizing it.
- Mac Power Users #153: Hardware Development with Geoff Barrall
- Mac Power Users #152: Back to School