#141: Traveling with Alex Lindsay
June 10th, 2013 · 116 minutes
David and Katie talk with Alex Lindsay about his travel adventures and tech.
This episode of Mac Power Users is sponsored by:
Please support our exclusive sponsor for this episode: Smile:
With productivity boosters like TextExpander and PDFpen, Smile makes you a Mac Power User.
Download: MP3 (53.74 MB)
Links and Show Notes
Links for this episode:
- Alex Lindsay - Google+
- alexlindsay (alexlindsay) on Twitter
- Pixel Corps - Pixel Corps Website
- Pixel Corps (@pixelcorps) on Twitter
- StarWars.com | Star Wars - Episode VII, The Clone Wars & Games
- J. J. Abrams - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jeffrey Jacob "J. J." Abrams (born June 27, 1966) is an American film and television producer, screenwriter, director, actor and composer. He is well known for his work in the genres of action, drama and science fiction.
- JJ Abrams: The mystery box | Video on TED.com
J.J. Abrams traces his love for the unseen mystery –- a passion that’s evident in his films and TV shows, including Cloverfield, Lost and Alias -- back to its magical beginnings.
- 5by5 | The Incomparable #143: The Best "Star Wars" Movie In Years
Press down on the warp lever and hide away your out-of-date continuity reference materials. It's time for us to discuss J.J. Abrams' reimagined Star Trek, with an emphasis on the new film "Star Trek Into Darkness." Among our topics: The great casting in both movies, the merits of a Spock-to-Spock Skype call, McCoy's Tribble-based scientific method, and the themes of self-sacrifice in the new movie. Plus we reference every single classic Star Trek movie along the way! And yes, there are spoilers. Lots and lots of spoilers.
- Darmok - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Darmok" is the 102nd episode of the science fiction television series Star Trek: The Next Generation, the second episode of the fifth season. The episode features Paul Winfield, who previously played Captain Terrell in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, and Ashley Judd in her debut acting performance.
- The Inner Light (Star Trek: The Next Generation) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The Inner Light" is the 125th episode overall and the 25th episode of the fifth season of the American science fiction television series Star Trek: The Next Generation. The episode was written by freelance writer Morgan Gendel based on his original pitch. Gendel is credited as writer of the story and co-writer of the teleplay with Peter Allan Fields. It is the penultimate episode of the season and was first broadcast on June 1, 1992. The episode is widely considered by critics and fans as one of the best episodes of the entire Star Trek franchise. In 1993, "The Inner Light" won the Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation.
- MacBreak Weekly | TWiT.TV
Get the latest Apple news and views from the top names in Mac, iPhone, iPod, and iPad journalism.
- 4K resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Several 4K resolutions exist in digital television and digital cinematography. The term 4K refers to the horizontal resolution (instead of the vertical) of these formats, which are all on the order of 4,000 pixels.
- TextExpander touch 2.0 on Vimeo
- Samsonite luggage, suitcases, travel bags, laptop bags, backpacks
- Pelican Products 1510LOC Laptop Overnight Case
- Vibram FiveFingers: Toe Shoes & Minimalist Shoes
- Travel Packing Cubes - Pack-It Traveler Systems and Cube Sets | Eagle Creek
- Lifehacker: Rolling Clothes Prevents Wrinkles and Saves Packing Space
- The Digital Rucksack 467-DL | Kata Bags
- Liana Lehua (LianaLehua) on Twitter
- Tactical Bags | 5.11 Tactical
- Smart Alec - Backpack TOM BIHN
The Smart Alec is a modular backpack system: customize it to carry your gear with a variety of interior and exterior organizational pockets.
- Vertical Brain Cell - Hard-sided laptop case. - TOM BIHN
The Vertical Brain Cell provides superior hard-sided protection for your laptop. The construction offers the toughest protection you can get for your laptop in a case that is still light and minimalist.
- TripIt - Travel Itinerary - Trip Planner
Cheap Hotels, Discounts, Hotel Deals and Offers
- iOS: Using Passbook
With Passbook, your boarding passes, movie tickets, retail coupons, loyalty cards, and more are now all in one place.
Travel Clothing for Men and Women: Multi-pocket Vests, Jackets, Shirts, Pants
- iCloud: Find My iPhone
- Keanu Is Sad / Sad Keanu
Sad Keanu is a photoshop meme based on a paparazzi photograph of the Canadian American actor Keanu Reeves sitting on a park bench and enjoying a sandwich by himself.
- Apple 60W MagSafe Power Adaptor
The 60 Watt MagSafe Power Adapter features a magnetic DC connector that ensures your power cable will disconnect if it experiences undue strain and helps prevent fraying or weakening of the cables over time. In addition, the magnetic DC helps guide the plug into the system for a quick and secure connection.
- Etymotic Research, Inc.
High-fidelity Earphones, Headsets and Hearing Instrumentation
- Ultimate Ears
- Shure Earphones & Headphones
The Worlds Best Noise Canceling Headsets.
- MiFi Intelligent Mobile Hotspots
- Rwanda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Africa Digital Media Academy
his new vocational training program is the first of its kind in Africa, providing students with the skills necessary to work in all areas of the digital media industry. The ADMA is dedicated to preparing people to work with the same degree of talent and resources as anywhere else in the world. It educates and prepares Rwandan students at many age levels for production work in the video, visual effects and 3D areas, not just for film and TV, but for all industries from education to tourism, that need and use digital media.
- The Screen Savers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Video Downloader, Video Converter, Music Downloader, MP3 Converter for Mac and PC