Your privacy is important to Relay FM, LLC. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Relay FM, LLC collects, and the ways in which Relay FM, LLC uses that personal information.
Personal Information Collection
Relay FM, LLC may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- At relay.fm, you provide your name and email address. That is the only information we have for you and all we need to operate the Relay.fm (“Website”) or the Relay FM Membership (“Membership”);
- We use third third-party vendors, identified below, to help with delivery of the newsletter and processing of your payment. We never see any of your full credit card number or payment details, which are handled through Stripe.
Legal Basis for Collection of Information
Relay FM asserts the following legal grounds for the collection of data:
- Explicit Consent
- When you sign up for the paid membership, you provide explicit consent for Relay FM, LLC to collect the above listed personal information.
- If you enter an agreement with Relay FM, LLC for the provision of services in exchange for payment, Relay FM, LLC will be required to collect the above listed personal information.
- Legitimate Interests
- Finally, Relay FM may have additional legitimate interests for the collection of the above listed personal information.
Using Personal Information
Relay FM, LLC may use your personal information to:
- administer Relay.fm and/or the Relay FM membership;
- personalize the website for you by displaying your name or changing the appearance of the website according to your settings if you log in;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- send to you the newsletter and account-related email;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you; and
- send you marketing communications.
Where Relay FM, LLC discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement. Except for the third-party vendors that collect your data separately when you sign up and pay, Relay FM has never shared any of its user data with any third parties.
Relay FM, LLC uses the following data processors with respect to the personal information collected:
- Campaign Monitor
- Google Analytics
Data Retention Policy
Data will only be retained as long as you remain subscribed to the Relay FM newsletter (either paid or free version) plus one year following termination.
Securing your data
Relay FM, LLC will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. If Relay FM, LLC stores any of your data, it will do so on secure servers.
Cross-border data transfers
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register with the Website or Newsletter. If you are under 18, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 18 is allowed to provide any personal information to or on Relay FM, LLC. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Notice
(1) Relay FM, LLC does not track users, who interact with its website across the web, and therefore does not use “do not track” signals.
(2) Relay FM, LLC does not authorize the collection of personally identifiable information from users on any Relay FM, LLC website for third party use through advertising technologies.
Relay FM seeks to fully comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Pursuant to this regulation, you have the following rights on this website:
- Right to be forgotten: You may cancel your account at any time. If you wish your data to be permanently deleted, you may contact us at [email protected] and it will be deleted within 72 hours.
- Right to object: We have never performed any data science projects on user data and do not anticipate doing so in the future. If, at some point in the future we determine a use for any sort of data science project on our user data, we will notify you in writing before doing so. In that event you may remove your contact data from any such project by emailing us at [email protected] with the subject line “Opt Out of Data Science”.
- Right to access and rectification: You can contact us at [email protected] at any time to access copies of all user data we retain for you. We will remove, update, or change any personal information about you from our servers immediately upon your request.
- Right of portability: We only retain your name and email address. Nevertheless, we will provide that information to you upon your request.
In addition to the above, an “unsubscribe” option is automatically included in the footer of every newsletter sent from Relay FM, LLC. This allows you to easily unsubscribe from the newsletter. In the event you unsubscribe, we will immediately stop sending you the newsletter. Please note that unsubscribing from the newsletter with the newsletter’s “unsubscribe” button does not cancel your account with Relay FM, LLC. In order to do so, please log in at relay.fm and cancel your account.
Updating this statement
Relay.fm and the newsletter contains links to other websites. Relay FM, LLC is not responsible for the contents of those third party websites or responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.