Hosted by Federico Viticci and Fraser Speirs, Canvas is a podcast all about mobile productivity. Armed with iOS, Federico and Fraser will be walking through workflows, exploring the best apps for the iPad and iPhone and helping users solve problems.
#24: Workflow - Third Party Applications
November 25th, 2016 · 55 minutes
This week Fraser and Federico continue the Workflow series by looking at integrating Workflow with third-party apps.
This episode of Canvas is sponsored by:
- Pingdom: Start monitoring your websites and servers today. Use code BLACKFRIDAY for 50% off your first invoice on all annual plans (excluding Enterprise).
Download: MP3 (50.55 MB)
Links and Show Notes
Scripting Workflow itself and its built-in Actions is great fun but the real magic happens when you integrate Workflow with third-party apps. In this episode, Fraser and Federico go deep on URL schemes and then explain how to use Workflow's friendly Action interfaces to many of these app URL schemes.
Fraser and Federico cover real-world examples from apps such as Blink, Ulysses, Due, OmniFocus, Transmit and Bear.
- Blink: Better Affiliate Links
- Due — Reminders, Countdown Timers
- OmniFocus 2
- Bear - beautiful writing app for notes and prose
- Create new linked posts in Ulysses from articles in Safari
- Workflow to create a new Markdown sheet in Ulysses from the clipboard
- Save a selection from Safari as a Markdown note in Bear